The 2014 Miss USA was crowned Sunday (June 8th) in Baton Rouge, La. Nia Sanchez of Nevada beat out all of the other incredibly perfect women to become the 63rd Miss USA. We know she's pretty. But what are some other things you may not know about Nia?
1. She's a badass. She holds a 4th degree black belt in Taekwondo.
2. She wants to make sure other woman can defend themselves too. Her question during the pageant was about unreported sexual assault cases on college campuses, which dovetailed nicely into her platform: women's self defense. She's taught classes in women's shelters.
3. After she was crowned, she told reporters that she lived for a time in a women's shelter with her mom. She's not just a pretty pretty princess.
4. She's the first ever Miss USA from Nevada. We wonder if anyone made some money on that bet last night in Vegas. While she wasn't born in Nevada, she's lived there since she was seven.
5. Her face was used as a model for a "princess" at Hong Kong Disney. Which makes her an actual real life Disney princess AND beauty queen. Seriously.
Sanchez will go on to represent the U.S. at the Miss Universe pageant later this year.
Photo/Video credit: Getty Images / Vine