'90210' cast spills 10 things to look for in Season 5
Read on for more scoop on Season 5 directly from stars Matt Lanter, Jessica Lowndes, Trevor Donovan and showrunners Patti Carr and Lara Olsen.
PHOTOS: Must-see shows of Fall 2012
1. There are two very compelling reasons to watch the first episode. "You'll not only find out Dixon's fate in the premiere, you'll hear a new Carly Rae Jepsen song," tease executive producers Carr and Olsen. "So that's two really important reasons to tune into the premiere."
2. Although nobody will reveal what happens to Dix, they will speculate about his future. "Hypothetically speaking, if he does survive, it might be a long road to recovery from his accident," they say. Wilds tells Zap2it something very similar: "If Dixon makes it, you definitely have to deal with physical therapy, a string of different events that lead to depression and other things."
3. Adrianna has a decision to make when she finds out about Dixon's accident. "The first episode back she's opening for Carly Rae Jepsen in Vegas, and right before she's about to go onstage she finds out that Dixon's been in an accident -- literally seconds before she's gonna walk on stage," Lowndes tells Zap2it. "It's obviously shocking and it's hard for her to hear, and she's left ultimately with a decision." Will the show go on? 4. There are no plans for Ivy to return any time soon. But Carr and Olsen say that doesn't mean she's gone for good. "Ivy's in Mexico and we don't know if she'll come back or not," they say. "It really is sort of a storyline-dependent [thing]."
5. Vanessa is coming back. But will she be back to do good or evil? "She's both," say Carr and Olsen. "She's evil and she's coming from a good place. And she really believes everythign she says. She believes she is who she is. She really cares about Liam in a way where he wishes 'Maybe she shouldn't care about me so much.'"
Says Lanter of his onscreen love interest, "She's one of those characters that people love to hate. It's like, you hate her, you just want her off the show, but you kind of secretly love her and want her to stick around."
6. Teddy will be back too. Donovan tells Zap2it that his arc at the beginning of the season will deal with Silver's revelation that she wants to have a baby with Teddy. "He's going to seriously consider it," Donovan says. "One of his biggest concerns is the relationship he had with his dad. He loves Silver to death and he would do anything for her and he realizes how important it is to her, but his dad wasn't there for him and he doesn't know how much he can be there for that child."
7. Silver's romantic web will be just as tangled as before. The Liam-Navid-Silver love triangle will continue, says Lanter, with the added complication of the Tedd-baby situation. "We're kind of, like, dealing with that, navigating it and trying to feel out how it's gonna work out into the whole season. Who is she gonna choose? And, of course, there's a lot of bad timing that always happens on these shows. One person finally comes around and by that time the other person's leaving on a bus or something."
8. Liam will be doing well professionally despite that love triangle (and Vanessa) making his life extra complicated. "Liam's movie career is kinda taking off. Last season he had the success of his movie Corporate Invaders. We're doing a follow-up this year," says Lanter. "'Corporate Invaders Part Deux.'"
9. Meanwhile, Annie will have more romantic troubles. "It's difficult talking about what's coming up with Annie because it's so tied into what happens to her brother, but you know, Annie's had some really bad luck at love and she's gonna keep trying. We'll see how that works out," say Carr and Olsen.
10. Naomi and Max will work at their relationship. "It's gonna be an exciting new thing for Naomi," say Carr and Olsen. "She's had a lot of ups and downs for that relationship. And whenever we see Naomi and Max together, we just love them both so much. So we're hoping that they work things out."
"90210" Season 5 premieres Monday, Oct. 9 at 8 p.m. on The CW.