"Marvel's Agents of SHIELD"
Season 1 might be over, but there are plenty of questions left unanswered from the ABC series' first season. And, as is the way with this show, all of those questions just lend themselves to more questions.
Since it's such a long time to wait until September when "Agents of SHIELD" will likely return with Season 2, and because we can't help but keep talking about that awesome finale, we decided to list all the questions we have for the upcoming season. Fortunately, showrunners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen were kind enough to offer some vague teases in response to some of the big ones.
Was Coulson aware of what he was doing in the final scene? "That's a big question," Whedon says with a laugh. Tancharoen adds, "I guess we can say that's something we'll explore in Season 2." Whedon notes, "It's a good question."
Are we supposed to infer that Billy and Eric Koenig are Life Model Decoys? Laughter from both. Whedon says, "We don't yet know. They're identical." "They look a lot alike and they maybe say similar things, but that does not completely mean what you're thinking," Tancharoen says.
Can we expect Patton Oswalt to be back in Season 2 in some capacity? "We would love to have him back," Tancharoen says. Whedon continues, "So much so that we killed him and then brought him back."
When Ian Quinn takes the Graviton, does he know Franklin Hart is in there? "I don't think he does," Tancharoen says.
Is there a plan for Blizzard, who was set up in Season 1? Whedon says, "Whenever we introduce something, our goal is not to let it fizzle out. We do plan to revisit things. Any door we open, we hope to walk through and explore at some point. Hopefully we will get to that at some point."
But these are only some answers after a finale that opens up many, many more questions. Like ...
- Why is Skye a monster?
- How is Skye a monster?
- Was that her mother or father?
- How did Raina know about the parent?
- Is Raina related to Skye?
- Is Raina the same type of creature as Skye?
- What does evolution have to do with anything?
- Was Coulson mapping out some sort of genetic code?
- Is Coulson actually going to go crazy?
- Where did Nick Fury go when he left?
- Will the GH325 do to Skye what it did to Coulson?
- Is Ward going to be a good guy?
- Is Ward going to be a bad guy?
- How will Simmons respond to Fitz admitting his feelings for her?
- What sort of storyline is May going to get next season?
- Will we see her mom again?
- How will Coulson rebuild SHIELD?
- Is he going to reveal he's alive now?
- Does this mean he can reunite with the Cellist?
- Will an Avenger ever appear on "Agents of SHIELD"?
- Will Coulson ever return to the Marvel movies?
- When will Season 2 premiere because we want it already?
"Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" will air in a new timeslot, 9 p.m. ET/PT Tuesdays, when it returns to ABC in the fall.