'Agents of SHIELD' welcomes Stan Lee; 'Blue Bloods' adds Doug E. Doug, Karen AllenAdd to Favorites | Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- The BCS championship game drew strong, but not world-beating, ratings for ESPN Monday night (Jan. 6). Florida State's last-minute victory over Auburn scored a 15.3 overnight rating, a little better than last year's title game but ranking in the middle of the pack in the 16-year history of the BCS.
- In anticipation of the premiere of "The Spoils of Babylon" on Jan. 9, IFC has posted the opening credits for the spoof miniseries online. This is a good taste of the special brand of craziness the show will be bringing to a television set near you. Watch the opening sequence below:
- "The Queen Latifah Show," has been renewed for a second season. The freshman talk show had a strong first year, outrating all other new talk shows, leading to the Season 2 order from CBS stations.
- "The Price Is Right" has recruited a few more famous faces for its January shows. Guest models for the month who have signed up to help host Drew Carey present the fabulous prizes include model Chrissy Teigen, "The Young and the Restless" star Melissa Ordway, "Showbiz Tonight" host AJ Hammer and "The Talk" co-host/"Archer" star Aisha Tyler.
- Soon you won't even need a Roku box to stream TV from the Internet to your television screen: the company announced at CES that it's planning to integrate its software directly into televisions in 2014. The company will continue to offer its box, however, and pricing for the new Roku-embedded TVs will depend on the manufacturers. [Deadline]
- Superman is heading to the military. Brandon Routh is set to recur on Fox's "Enlisted" which premieres Friday at 9:30 p.m. ET. He will play a likely adversary for Chris Lowell's character, Corporal Derrick Hill, having once been married to his love interest.