Alexis Bledel joins Jason Ritter at FOX and more pilot casting
Bledel, who appeared on "Mad Men" last season, will star opposite Jason Ritter in FOX's comedy pilot "Friends & Family," an adaptation of British series "Gavin & Stacey." She and Ritter will play the central characters, a couple whose families don't mix very well.
The "Gilmore" connection comes from the fact that Ritter is coming off "Parenthood," where his character was in a relationship with Sarah ( Lauren Graham). Graham, of course, played Bledel's mom on "Gilmore Girls" -- although there was never a story line in which they were both interested in the same guy.
More pilot casting:
- Former "Lost" star Naveen Andrews will return to ABC in the network's drama pilot "Reckless," which stars Patrick Fugit as a man trying to free his wife ( Eloise Mumford) from prison in a politically unstable country. Andrews will play a mercenary who offers to help Fugit's character.
- Samaire Armstrong ("The Mentalist," "The O.C.") and Sam Hazeldine have signed on to ABC's drama "The Return," about a town where people's deceased loved ones return to them.
- Wu-Tang Clan member, producer and actor RZA has joined "Gang Related" at FOX as lead actor Ramon Rodriguez's partner at the San Francisco PD.
- Former "Chuck" star Ryan McPartlin is headed to TBS with "Do It Yourself," a comedy set at a big-box home-improvement store. He'll play a co-worker of the lead character who's really into his job.
- Annie Ilonzeh ("Charlie's Angels") has joined the cast of NBC's "Hatfields & McCoys" as the adopted daughter of Mary Hatfield (Rebecca De Mornay), who's in love with a McCoy. [ Hollywood Reporter]
- British actor Lucien Laviscount will star in The CW's pilot "The Selection" as a servant who's having a secret relationship with lead character America Singer (Yael Grobglas).
- Three actors will star with Geena Davis in her bounty-hunter pilot at TNT. Marsha Mason (only 14 years older than Davis) will play her mother; Enrico Colantoni ("Veronica Mars") will play the money man at Davis' bail-bonds business; and Gloria Reuben ("ER") will play a prosecutor who knows Davis' character well.
- Lili Taylor will star in "Fringe" exec producer J.H. Wyman's robot-cop pilot. She'll play a police captain in a world where human cops are partnered with lifelike androids. [ Deadline]