'American Horror Story: Coven' 'Boy Parts': Stevie Nicks is the 'white witch' and 6 more things to look forward toAdd to Favorites | American Horror Story: Coven
- The episode is not especially scary, but the humorous tone that parts of the premiere had continues in full force, especially between Jessica Lange's Fiona and Kathy Bates' Madame LaLaurie.
- Marie Laveau also gets in on the act. She's running a beauty salon down in the 9th ward and Fiona pays her a visit, where we get some illuminating backstory about the witches of Salem vs. Laveau's ancestor.
- Cordelia, meanwhile, wrestles with a fertility problem that eventually involves her wrestling with her husband ... and snakes. The symbolism is not subtle.
- Queenie and Nan aren't up to too much this week -- except to have a delightful encounter with Madame LaLaurie. You can imagine how much she likes Queenie.
- However, Madison and Zoe have quite the adventure at the city morgue, where they Dr. Frankenstein-up Zoe a boyfriend from Kyle's (and others') body parts. But that story takes a fun twist when Misty Day (Lily Rabe) comes back into the picture.
- Speaking of Misty, her obsession with "white witch" Stevie Nicks is awesome. You can never have enough Stevie Nicks songs, we say. For a more detailed explanation about the Nicks reference, read our recap of "Boy Parts."
- And the bus crash is briefly addressed early on, with some officers wondering why a movie star and her friend were at a frat party. Zoe wants to sing like a canary, but as Fiona says, "I couldn't toast a piece of bread with the heat they were putting on you."
Heh. That Fiona.
"American Horror Story: Coven" airs Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.