'American Horror Story: Coven' 'Burn, Witch, Burn': Cordelia and Zoe have some new powersAdd to Favorites | American Horror Story: Coven
Nan, Zoe and Queenie make a valiant stand against the zombie horde -- well, mostly just Zoe does. Nan saves the cute neighbor boy from becoming intestine stew, while Queenie has to be saved by Madame LaLaurie, who kills her zombie daughter Borquita and laments how terrible she was as a mother to her girls. (She was. Really bad, as if that's any surprise.)
Zoe, though, is outside like a total boss, wielding a chainsaw and then manifesting a new power when she stops a zombie in its tracks despite Marie Laveau's control. It leaves Marie wondering who at Robichaux's Academy is harnessing so much power and leaves us wondering if Zoe is the Supreme.
Fiona rushes Cordelia to the hospital, where it turns out she's been blinded by the hooded person who threw sulfuric acid in her face. Ouch. In Fiona's grief for not protecting her daughter, she brings a stillborn baby back to life after making its mom pledge her devotion to it. That's ... sweet, in Fiona's weird, twisted way.
But all may not be lost for Cordelia, as she reveals a new power of sorts. When Hank touches her, she can "see" what he was up to on his business trip with the sultry Alexandra Breckenridge from last week. That should prove interesting for Cordelia moving forward.
After Madison's "disappearance" and now the zombie war, the Council is back to deal out some punishment to Fiona. But Fiona will not be bested by the likes of Myrtle Snow. She frames Myrtle for blinding Cordelia by cleverly using Queenie's power to mangle Myrtle's hand, causing the other two Council members to declare, "Burn the witch."
Myrtle goes up in a ball of flames -- until Misty Day happens upon her and brings her back to life.
Thoughts and Tidbits
- We hope Zoe is not the Supreme. That seems so obvious -- she's new, she was shipped off by her family, she's got a big ol' heart. Surely this was a red herring, right?
- Speaking of Zoe, where was her FrankenKyle this week? Is he just out wandering the streets? Hope he didn't come across any little girls making flower chains.
- We can't wait to see what is going to happen with Cordelia as a character now. Hopefully Hank's butt is booted, but what will this mean for her as the headmistresses. And who really blinded her?
- It's kind of a shame that cute neighbor didn't die in the zombie attack, because then Fiona would have it coming from three "witches" -- Marie, Myrtle and Church Lady.
- Spalding continues to be a creepster, but it was kind of funny when Madison's arm broke off.
- Best Lines:
Delphine: "It's too late to light the bonfires of protection. All hell is opened up on our doorstep."
Marie: "I don't know what that was, but they got some real power in that witch house now."
Myrtle: "You're all a bunch of little toads in a pot that Fiona is slowly bringing to a boil. You won't even feel it until it's too late. I'd rather burn than boil."
What did you think of "Burn, Witch, Burn"?