'American Horror Story: Coven' premiere: Kathy Bates' Madame LaLaurie is not for the squeamishAdd to Favorites | American Horror Story: Coven
RELATED: 'AHS: Coven' pictures
- The show revolves around a school for witches in New Orleans run by Cordelia (Sarah Paulson), but everything is shaken up when Supreme witch Fiona (Jessica Lange) rolls into town. Not only do Cordelia and Fiona have a contentious mother-daughter relationship, but Fiona is ready to take over Cordelia's "Hogwarts."
- Kathy Bates is portraying real-life New Orleans aristocrat Delphine LaLaurie and the depiction on the show is just as scary and violent about what we've read of Madame LaLaurie in real life. As is always the case with "AHS," this is not for the squeamish.
- Taissa Farmiga rolls into town as Zoe Benson, a girl who didn't know she was a witch until an unfortunate accident with her boyfriend clued her family into her carrying their "genetic disorder." She goes about using her power as an ... interesting way to exact revenge upon some disgusting college boys.
- The other students at the witch academy are played by Emma Roberts, Gabourey Sidibe and Jamie Brewer and they should prove to be a lot of fun, especially Brewer's Nan -- if we could choose one power to have, it'd be hers.
- The premiere episode only has smaller bits with Denis O'Hare, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy and Evan Peters, so we're very interested to find out just how much of a role they'll play in Season 3, since we've enjoyed them so much in the past seasons.
- We're also quite interested to see how the real-life LaLaurie and Marie Laveau (Angela Bassett) fit into the modern day storylines, since they were in New Orleans nearly 200 years ago.
- However, Lange is once again the star of the show -- much more Constance Langdon than Sister Jude, which is the way we prefer her, honestly.
"American Horror Story: Coven" premieres Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.