'American Idol' Top 4 Live: Simon Cowell is on someone's Bucket List
Tonight off camera we've got some middle-aged Simon lovers, celebrities and a personal Zap2it geek-out moment. What else happened off-camera?
The unwashed masses
- Before the show started, Cory the Host introduced each Idol individually. Based on applause only, Lee Dewyze and Crystal Bowersox have this thing sewn up and Big Mike is going home.
- There were a gaggle of women that presented quite the contradiction of looks -- they looked to be mid-40s but were dressed like 16-year-olds. They were also holding signs that said "Bucket List: 1) Go to 'American Idol' and 2) Meet Simon Cowell." We aren't sure why inappropriately-dressed middle-aged women would want to draw attention to the fact that they are not teenagers by referencing a list you make when you are approaching death. Also -- that's a sad Bucket List.
- We noticed American Flag Pants boy way before it was announced on-camera that he was Crystal's boyfriend Tony. Crystal divulged backstage that when she left for "Idol" tonight, she told Tony, "If you really love me, you'll wear the American Flag pants." Awesome.
- During Casey and Mike's duet, all the judges were facing the stage during Casey's opening, but when Big Mike opened up with his big deep voice, both Randy Jackson and Kara Dioguardi turned around and went, "WHOA" and stayed facing the guys for the rest of the song.
- When Ellen DeGeneres made her "I've loved a woman" remark, her wife Portia de Rossi threw back her head and laughed, while everyone in the entire place craned to see what Portia's reaction would be.
Three real celebs and a Zap2it celeb
- So obviously Jamie Foxx was in the house. He seemed genuinely into the performances, bopping his head and looking really engaged (unlike some mentors, coughMileycough). Also, he started the standing ovation for every song once it was over, which is very cool and supportive of him.
- Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel were in the house. It took all our self-control not to go screaming over to them babbling incoherently about how awesome "Rent" and "Wicked" are.
- Joe Buck was there with his beautiful wife and two adorable daughters. For those of you who do not know, he is a sportscaster who did the St. Louis Cardinals play-by-play from 1991 to 2007. His father Jack Buck is even more legendary, as he was the Cards play-by-play man for over 40 years. We happened to be wearing a Cardinals jacket and got a smile and head nod from Joe Buck backstage. We about died on the spot.
Check out our backstage interview with the Top 4 here -- Crystal's crush on Lee and Mike and Casey's forbidden romance.
Follow Zap2it and Zap2it Andrea on Twitter and follow Zap2it on Facebook for the latest movies, TV and celebrity news
Did the 'Idol' survey even ask the right questions?
'Idol' viewers can express displeasure in survey
Clay Aiken on his new album
Adam Lambert adds tour dates, announces themes
Aaron Kelly, Melinda Doolittle are on Zap2it's Harry Connick train