'Arrested Development' Rewatch: Season 3, episode 7 - 'Prison Break-In'Add to Favorites | Arrested Development
In "Prison Break-In," the Bluth Foundation plans its annual fundraising gala, this time in honor of graft-versus-host disorder. Not coincidentally, Tobias ( David Cross) is suffering from the disease, thanks to his hair plants. Meanwhile, either Lucille ( Jessica Walter) or Warden Gentiles ( James Lipton) is working very hard to seduce the other. This is naturally all tied-up in yet another George Sr. ( Jeffrey Tambor) escape attempt. Also, Buster ( Tony Hale) has a turtle that eats pot and dies.
Bluth Company status:
Everyone is busy planning a gala at the prison. We'll just assume that things are as okay as they ever get at the Bluth Company.
Notable guest stars:
James Lipton comes back as Warden Gentiles.
- For two years the Bluth Foundation raised money for TBA (because they couldn't decide on a cause).
- Buster keeps his pet turtle in a box full of pot. The turtle dies.
- "It's a jetpack, Michael. What could possibly go wrong?"
- Tobias' graft-versus-host disease turns out to be too disgusting and too fake for the gala attendees to want to help.
- Oscar gets arrested in George's place. Again.
Most sexual tension:
- Buster calls his pet turtle "Mother."
- George Michael (Michael Cera) gets all excited about Maeby (yet again), after Michael says intra-familial love is natural and after Maeby (Alia Shawkat) gives him a screenplay that mentions cousins in love in prison.
Allusions to Tobias being gay:
"The guy runs a prison. He can have any piece of ass he wants!" -- Tobias on Warden Gentiles
Best narrator commentary:
- "Actually he loved galas. All kids do!"
- "That would be the happiest moment George Michael would ever experience in his life." (said when Maeby seems excited to share a prison cell with him)
- "It's 'Most.'" -- In response to Gob referencing Danny Host instead of "Happy Days" actor Danny Most.
Next on "Arrested Development":
- "George Michael gets closer to his family ..." -- but it's Tobias instead of Maeby in the cell, so ... "George Michael experiences his unhappiest moment ever."
- Buster tries to play the guitar with his claw. It doesn't work.
- Gob gets his face smashed up against the glass of the conjugal-visit trailer. While his parents are having sex.