'Arrow' Q&A and spoilers cause Stephen Amell to break Facebook
Amell was supposed to answer questions about "Arrow" for a full hour starting at 12 p.m. ET on Wednesday (Feb. 5). Unfortunately, he only got about halfway through when Facebook's algorithms stepped in. It seems that the man behind Oliver Queen was posting so many comments that the social-networking site flagged him as a spambot.
Still, the actor was quite cheerful about the situation and explained it quickly on his own Facebook page.
" K... Facebook has fully blocked me from making comments on any and all posts because I'm so prolific at replying their algorithm's determined I must be a spam bot. I AM AMELL THE SPAM BOT.
"Sorry everybody... Wanted to go for another 30 minutes. My apologies if your question didn't get answered.
"We will do this again and it won't mess up.
"In the meantime... I'm sort of glad I broke Facebook."
Before the Facebook shutdown of the Q&A, Amell did manage to answer a few questions:
- The Arrow costume is comfortable but a bit warm in the summer.
- Arrow's hood magically stays on during fight scenes all on its own!
- There will definitely be more on the Suicide Squad.
- It's possible that Oliver will learn something about Thea's father being Malcolm Merlyn in "Heir to the Demon."
- Season 3 might be more intimate that the current, universe-expanding season.
"Arrow" airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. on The CW.