'Austin & Ally' renewed for Season 4, 'The Game' renewed for Season 8
- Disney Channel has renewed "Austin & Ally" for a fourth season. The comedy was ranked No. 1 among Tweens in 2013.
- BET has renewed its hit comedy "The Game" for an eighth season, along with "The Real Husbands of Hollywood," "106 & Park" and "Being Mary Jane." The network also announced its first miniseries, "The Book of Negroes," about a girl abducted from West Africa and sold into slavery at 11 years old, and new reality shows "The Start Up," "Gone Gospel" and "Got Game."
- HBO is pushing back the premiere date of its series "The Leftovers" by a couple of weeks. The series, from "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof and novelist Tom Perrotta (it's based on his book), had been scheduled to debut on June 15; it will instead premiere June 29. A new trailer for the show will air prior to Sunday's (April 27) "Game of Thrones" episode.
- "Dancing with the Stars" has named Rob Wade as its new executive producer for an anticipated Season 19 in the fall. Wade, who previously worked as a producer on the early seasons of the dancing competition and later executive-produced "The X Factor" and "America's Got Talent," replaces longtime "DWTS" EP Conrad Green in the role. [ The Hollywood Reporter]
- Jay Leno and Whoopi Goldberg have joined the voice cast of "The 7D," Disney's contemporary and comedic take on the Seven Dwarfs. It premieres Monday, July 7 (at 10 a.m. ET/PT) on Disney XD and will debut on the Disney Channel and Disney Junior later in the year. Kelly Osbourne will also provide a voice for the series.
- Bob Barker will return to guest-star on "The Bold and the Beautiful" on Wednesday, April 30 (1:30 p.m. ET/12:30 p.m. PT on CBS). In this cameo role, the animal-rights supporter is interviewed by Liam Spencer (Scott Clifton) for an article on pet population control. Barker, best known as the long-time host of "The Price Is Right," first appeared on "The Bold and the Beautiful" in March 2002.
- On Tuesday (April 29), "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Porsha Williams will open up about her fight with Kenya Moore at the taping of the "RHOA" reunion show on "The View." It will be her first time discussing the March incident.
- TV legends Cloris Leachman and Barry Bostwick have booked guest-starring roles on "Franklin & Bash" Season 4. Leachman will play a gypsy with "knowledge of an allegedly haunted house," while Bostwick plays a retirement community resident who wants to adopt his dead girlfriend's grown grandson. [ TVLine]