Austin-born rapper Nelly will probably get a kick out of hearing that his birth city ranks as the most funniest city in America -- just in time for April Fools' Day!
The Daily Beast took it upon itself to rank American cities by how funny they are and the list may surprise you.
First, the criteria the site used to determine the rankings are as follows:
• The percent of adults who self-identify as funny
• The percent of adults who watch primetime sitcoms
• The percent of adults who watch syndicated sitcoms
• The percent of adults who usually see comedy movies or romantic comedies
• And the percent of adults who went to a comedy club three or more times in the past year
So, according to those numbers, which were weighted equally in creating the list, here are the top 10 funniest cities in America:
1.) Austin, Texas
2.) New Orleans, La.
3.) Waco, Texas
4.) Atlanta, Ga.
5.) Baton Rouge, La.
6.) Chigago, Ill.
7.) Milwaukee, Wis.
8.) Detroit, Mich.
9.) Philadelphia, Pa.
10.) Tallahassee, Fla.
To see if your city ranked in the top 30, check out the full list.
Are you surprised by the top 10? Did your city laugh itself into the rankings?