'Baby Daddy,' 'Jenny McCarthy Show' renewed; Carla Gugino joins ABC pilot
"Baby Daddy" Season 2 premieres May 29 but filming has already wrapped on the upcoming batch of episodes and ABC Family is apparently excited enough about what they've seen to move forward with more.
McCarthy's show, which premiered Feb. 8, will take a one week break on April 5 before new episodes resume April 12.
More bite-sized TV news:
- Carla Gugino ("Political Animals") is giving network TV another shot as the female lead of ABC's legal pilot "Doubt" starring Steve Coogan from executive producer David Shore ("House").
- Emmy winner Zeljko Ivanek ("Damages") has booked a three episode arc on Season 2 of Cinemax's "Banshee" as renegade FBI agent Jim Racine. [ TVLine]
- Yahoo's reality TV spoof "Burning Love" will launch its third season online April 12. The web series featuring numerous celebrity cameos was picked up for TV broadcast by E!
- MTV has officially passed on the comedy pilot "Hot Mess" from "Awkward" creator Lauren Iungerich. Iungerich had recently exited the project, which was greenlit for production by former MTV executive David Janollari who was replaced in November by Susanne Daniels.
- ABC's Hallmark Hall of Fame movie "Remember Sunday" -- a romance starring Alexis Bledel ("Gilmore Girls") and Zachary Levi ("Chuck") -- has an official airdate: Sunday, April 21 at 9 p.m. ET