2013 was the Year of Benedict Cumberbatch: he was involved in two new huge franchises, as seen in
"The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug," and
"Star Trek Into Darkness." He voiced
Alan Rickman and the Prime Minister on
"The Simpsons." He starred in the critically acclaimed (
"August: Osage County" and
"12 Years a Slave") and the controversial (
"The Fifth Estate.")
Here are just 19 of the wonderful gifts he gave us in 2013.
1. When even he couldn't get Siri to work, proving that he is
just like the rest of us.
2. His re-enactment (with monkeys) of how Sherlock survived the fall.
3. When Evangeline Lilly called him "fit" and he was adorable in reply.
4. When he gave the most perfect response to a question ever and caused an internet meltdown (and probably mountains of fanart.)
6. The moment in the 'Sherlock' Season 3 trailer when he suggested jumping out of a cake.
7. When he became his alterego, Benedict Cumbersass, during his Reddit "Ask Me Anything."
8. He showed us his amazing Chewbacca impression (just look at that face.)
9. He (rightfully) got annoyed that people were ignoring half of his work on "The Hobbit."
10. Not to mention, when he showed us exactly what that motion capture work looked like.
11. The important work he did to greatly increase the overall sexiness of white-blonde hair.
12. He gave Khan some sweet dance moves during his 'Star Trek Into Darkness' downtime.
13. He interviewed himself and proved that if you want a job done right, just do it yourself.
14. When he proved his good taste by showing his love for Meryl Streep.
15. When he did this thing with his eyebrow.
16. And this thing with his nose.
17. And winked like this (oh boy.)
18. Basically any moment involving Cumberbatch and Cumberbatch's face.
19. He couldn't help but fuel the fantasies of every 'Sherlock' fangirl/boy.
Source: rosegard.tumblr.com / beascivales.tumblr.com
It has been a huge year for Benedict Cumberbatch, so we ask you...
What was your favorite magical Benedict Cumberbatch moment of 2013?