'Big Brother 15': Aaryn being called 'Barbie' is the same as when she makes racist 'jokes'
A little background. Fish-gate has been going on because of some comments Aaryn made about the black fish going towards the bottom of the tank and the white fish going towards the top. That alone is not racist, it's just idle chatter about the fish.
However, it offended some people because this is just the latest in a (long) series of comments Aaryn has made about the black BB contestants.
So, Amanda came to Aaryn to try to give her some friendly advice about minding her Ps and Qs because she's offending people. Now, Amanda does not have the luxury of 24-hour live feeds access. She has only witnessed (or heard about) Aaryn's "jokes." She has not actually been present for her more scathing comments, like saying Helen should "go make some rice" and whatnot.
Just to clarify that Amanda only has part of the story here.
But Amanda is trying to help Aaryn out, because she really does seem to be a rather idiotic 22-year-old, and so Amanda says this to Aaryn:
I think that you're joking any time any sort of racial thing comes out of your mouth, I do the same thing. But I think the people that are a different race are taking it offensively. There was a conversation downstairs with Howard, Candice and Helen and ... I don't think that you're racist at all, but I don't think that they know that you're joking. ... People look for any sort of excuse to villainize you, so just be careful.
Amanda finishes with, "I want you to know just so you are more mindful of it" and advises her to pull Howard aside and apologize.
Aaryn, however, decides the best course of action is to defend herself:
- "That's the most obnoxious, annoying thing I've ever heard."
- "I've never made a joke like that in front of anyone."
- "If it's being taken that way it's because Candice knows that she's going home and she's just trying to start s*** ... Candice is obviously insecure about it."
We would like to point out that yes, Aaryn's "jokes" made to people's faces are certainly more mild, but the stuff she says in private to GinaMarie is pretty ugly.
Then later, Aaryn is talking to Spencer and Andy about this whole discussion with Amanda and she characterizes it that Amanda "basically came up to me and said there's a minorities alliance."
OK, that's not at all what Amanda said. But we could see how in your mind, this means all the minorities are against you.
Aaryn then continues to play the victim card:
- "I think that is the most immature thing ever. They call me Barbie and all sorts of s*** about me being blonde all the time, so what's the difference?"
- "People want to paint an ugly picture of me. Any good thing that I do, people want to turn it like I'm doing it for an ulterior motive. It's like no good deed goes unpunished in my life."
- "Why is it OK for them to make comments about my attributes and my background and my life, and [Amanda] goes because there's no history of going against blondes. And I'm like that's not fair."
What's the difference? What's the difference between calling you "Barbie" and making racist comments about black people?
We can't ... we can't even with this. We are literally at a loss right now.
Oh, and lest you think Aaryn is the only one still going on with this nonsense -- earlier today, Spencer relayed a story of how last night at the pool table, one leg was wobbly, so GinaMarie folded up a paper cup, stuck it under the wobbly leg and then says, "That's the way I n*****-rig s*** back home."
And Howard was standing right there. So, just .... wow.