Bob Barker punches his way on 'Bold and the Beautiful'; 'iZombie' recasts mom roleAdd to Favorites | Phineas and Ferb
- "The Price is Right" alum Bob Barker is returning to television in "The Bold and the Beautiful." CBS reveals he'll guest star in an episode airing on Aug. 28 at 1:30 p.m. ET/12:30 p.m. PT. This will be Barker's third appearance on the show, the first of which was in 2002. Barker's appearance will pay homage to his "Happy Gilmore" role -- which means, yes, he will be throwing some punches.
- "iZombie" has recast the role of lead character Olivia's mom. Nora Dunn has been replaced by Molly Hagan as Eva Moore, a hospital administrator and overbearing mother. "Devious Maids" star Judy Reyes has also been cast in a guest-starring role as an artsy Bohemian who is suspected in her husband's murder. [ Entertainment Weekly]
- Shaun and Ed from Edgar Wright's "Shaun of the Dead" will live again on Disney Channel's "Phineas and Ferb." Simon Pegg announced he and Nick Frost will reprise their characters in the cartoon's Halloween special, "Night of the Living Pharmacist." The episode follows evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz after he gets hit by a curse that turns everyone he touches into his clone. [ Twitter]
- ABC's "Members Only" has added Rebecca Forsythe as Eve, a smart and privileged (yet sensible) teen both into a wealthy family. The midseason drama explores the dynamics between the working-class employees and wealthy patrons of an exclusive East Coast country club. [ Deadline]
- "Game of Thrones" star Peter Dinklage and "Orange Is The New Black" lead Taylor Schilling are joining forces for a new production of Ivan Turgenev's "A Month in the Country." Dinklage's wife Erica Schmidt is directing the Off-Broadway play. Performances will run from Jan. 9 to Feb. 15 at Classic Stage Company.
- Brian Huskey has joined "Selfie" as a lab technician who has an unrequited affection for Henry (John Cho), the Higgins to Karen Gillan's Eliza Doolittle character in this modern-day twist on the "Pygmalion"/"My Fair Lady" story. [ Deadline]
- It's a "Twisted" reunion in Spike TV's "Tut" miniseries: Kylie Bunbury joins her ABC Family costar, who plays the titular Egyptian ruler, in the project, which chronicles the life of King Tutankhaman. "Tyrant' actress Sibylla Deen will play Anke, Tut's sister and wife, while Bunbury plays Suhad. [ Deadline]
- DiNozzo could be getting a new love interest on "NCIS" in the form of Stephanie Jacobsen, the star of The CW's "Melrose Place" reboot who has turned up on "Star-Crossed" and "Revenge" in recent years. The potentially recurring role sees Jacobsen as a sexy, confident FBI special agent who partners with Tony on a case. She'll make her debut in an October episode. [ Entertainment Weekly]