'Body of Proof' preview: What's new in Season 3?
The first episode back on the air is a two-parter called "Abducted." In the first part, airing on Tuesday, Feb. 19, Dr. Megan Hunt ( Dana Delany) returns from forced leave to track down a serial killer who seems to be targeting veterans
The more things change...
- Ethan (Geoffrey Arend) has a haircut.
- There's a new medical-legal investigator, Charlotte (Erin Cahil). Megan doesn't have much use for her after the death of Peter last season. Especially when she talks a lot.
- The old cops left to join the FBI and to take care of a baby. Don't expect to see them at all.
- The new cops are Adam Lucas (Elyes Gabel) and Tommy Sullivan (Mark Valley). Adam gets off on the wrong foot with Megan while Tommy and Megan have a past.
- "I didn't think anything was going to happen between us... Today." -- Tommy to Megan
- Tommy is about as fond of the rules as Megan is.
- The cops get a bigger role this season. Considering the past relationship between Tommy and Megan, this makes sense.
- Kate (Jeri Ryan) has aspirations outside of the medical examiner's office.
The more they remain the same...
- Megan Hunt remains much more comfortable digging her hands into corpses than talking to her daughter.
- Megan and Lacey (Mary Mouser) continue to bicker as one would expect from slightly prickly mother and teenage daughter.
- Kate and Megan still have a tense but barely cordial relationship.
- As long as she stays brilliant and avoids open conflict, Megan continues to get away with (investigating) murder.
- Ethan and Curtis (Windell D. Middlebrooks) are subservient and goofy.
Does the new "Body of Proof" seem like a show you would watch? Is the addition of Mark Valley an improvement?