'Bones' spoilers: Who is the Ghost Killer and when will she be caught?Add to Favorites | Bones
Working on the assumption that there is indeed a Ghost Killer, who is it? Have we met her?
According to an interview on Give Me My Remote, the answer is yes: The Ghost Killer has already appeared on-screen in "Bones." And she will be caught in the near future.
"We had such a long-running serial killer that we didn't want to do that again," "Bones" executive producer Stephen Nathan said in the interview. "Pelant was on for a year and a half, almost ... But this is going to be very, very different in the way we're handling this. She was a serial killer, but that doesn't mean the killer is going to continue to kill."
The Ghost Killer is therefore expected to be done and gone before the end of Season 9.
So who is this murderer? Here are some possibilities:
- Donna Hastings -- In case you have forgotten this blink-and-you-miss-her character, Donna appeared in "The Ghost in the Killer" for about five seconds. She is the one who confronted Hodgins at the McNamara estate. Other than her first name and the fact that she works for the family in some capacity, the "Bones" audience knows nothing about the woman.
- Stephanie McNamara -- She was played by Kelly Rutherford ("Gossip Girl") and certainly seemed cold enough to be a killer. Plus, as the only surviving member of the McNamara family, she's kind of an obvious suspect.
- Erika Stamp -- This was the former friend of one of the murder victims. Thus, she's a suspect.
- Christopher Pelant -- No, he's not a woman. Yes, he's dead. But we should never discount this guy.
- Someone at the Jeffersonian -- This seems like a long-shot because a) "Bones" has already gone that route with Zack and Gormogon, and b) there aren't that many women to choose from in the lab. It's obviously not Brennan, and Cam and Angela seem rather unlikely. Moving on to the squinterns, the only woman is Daisy. If she were a serial killer, there's no way this could be kept secret.
- Someone else -- Other women pop up here and there in the "Bones" world. It could be one of them -- never forget that the Grave Digger was a lawyer.
Who do you think is the Ghost Killer? Do you want to find out soon?
"Bones" airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on FOX.