Bradley Wiggins wins 2012 Tour de France
The last time two riders from the same country finished first and second was in 1984, when Frenchman Laurent Fignon edged Bernard Hinault, reports the Associated Press.
Team Sky's Mark Cavendish sprinted to the finish for a stage win, his fourth on the Champs-Elysees, setting up handily for the upcoming Olympics where he hopes to take gold in Saturday's Olympic road race.
The top 10 overall riders at race's end:
1. Bradley Wiggins (ENG/SKY) 84hr 26min 31sec
2. Chris Froome (ENG/SKY) at 3:21
3. Vincenzo Nibali (ITA/LIQ) 6:19
4. Jurgen Van den Broeck (BEL/LTB) 10:15
5. Tejay Van Garderen (USA/BMC) 11:04
6. Haimar Zubeldia (ESP/RNT) 15:43
7. Cadel Evans (AUS/BMC) 15:51
8. Pierre Rolland (FRA/EUC) 16:31
9. Janez Brajkovic (SLO/AST) 16:38
10. Thibaut Pinot (FRA/FDJ) 17:17