'Buffy's' Michelle Trachtenberg heads to CBS; 'Avengers 2' sneak peek in ABC Marvel specialAdd to Favorites | Key & Peele
- "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Gossip Girl" alum Michelle Trachtenberg has joined the CBS comedy pilot "Save the Date." She plays the no-nonsense sister of the lead character (Maggie Lawson), who drunkenly declares she's getting married and then races to make it actually happen. Julie White ("Go On") will play the sisters' mom.
- Marvel fans will get their first peek at "Avengers: Age of Ultron" during "Marvel Studios: Assembling A Universe," a primetime special on ABC. The special will go behind-the-scenes on Marvel movies, as well as "Agents of SHIELD." In addition to the sneak peek at "Age of Ulton," there will also be clips from "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "Guardians of the Galaxy" and future episodes of "Agents of SHIELD." "Marvel Studios: Assembling A Universe" airs Tuesday, March 18 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
- HBO has set a premiere date for its movie "The Normal Heart," about the early days of the AIDS epidemic in New York. The star-studded, Ryan Murphy-directed film will premiere May 25 -- just under the wire for Emmy consideration for the fall.
- Michael Rosenbaum ("Smallville") and Tommy Dewey will star opposite Krysten Ritter in NBC's pilot "Mission Control." The "Anchorman"-in-the-1960s-space-program comedy, which counts Will Ferrell as an executive producer, centers on an astronaut (Dewey) and a woman (Ritter) who come into conflict. Rosenbaum will play one of Dewey's fellow flyboys.
- Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele of "Key and Peele" (the guys behind Obama's anger translator) will recur as FBI agents on FX's upcoming "Fargo." Playing Webb Pepper (Peele) and Bill Budge (Key), the comedians' characters are obsessed with finding hitman Lorne Malvo ( Billy Bob Thornton). Their four-episode arc comes at the end of the first season (debuting April 15).