'Castle' spoilers: 5 things to know about 'Target'
That's pretty much what happens when the murder of the week involves the kidnapping of two college girls -- especially when one of those girls is Alexis Castle ( Molly Quinn). That's right -- Castle's ( Nathan Fillion) daughter is a victim. Not even Castle can joke about that kind of crime.
Also kidnapped is a friend of Alexis', Sara al-Masri. She is the daughter of a rather wealthy and powerful man -- Alexis may just be along for the ride.
What else happens in "Target"? Obviously, you have to wait for the episode to learn that, but here are five spoilers to keep you guessing until that time.
1. Everyone in the Castle household is missing Alexis when "Target" begins. This means (terrible) chocolate-chip pancakes and faux-Zen acceptance of her growing up.
2. Even if you're a fan of the novel, "Dracula," don't name your kid Bram Stoker. It's not cute, and it can lead to threats from elite undercover bodyguards.
3. "I can't imagine what they're going through right now." Castle says this about the parents of the kidnapped girl. This is the kind of statement that someone should never utter at the beginning of an episode, what with the foreshadowing and whatnot.
4. Agent Harris (guest star Dylan Walsh) is very good at not mentioning how Alexis getting murdered is an option in the crime of the week. Unfortunately for Castle, the agent's silence speaks volumes about what he thinks is possible.
5. It's hard to make a man like Castle angry. This is good. That may be because Castle isn't such a nice guy when he is really angry. A criminal finds this out the hard way. As Beckett ( Stana Katic) puts it, "I didn't know you had that side to you."
"Target" airs on Monday, Feb. 18 at 10pm on ABC.