Christian Slater to lead Titans, Tate Donovan joins 'Family'
"The Forgotten" star is giving the pilot game another shot, having signed on to produce and star in a FOX comedy that centers on a team that uses their genius intellects to get past security systems, says The Hollywood Reporter.
In the untitled Adam Goldberg pilot, Slater will play the curmudgeonly, ex-military leader of the Titan Team.
Also joining in the fun is Trevor Moore, who will be the head of reconnaissance.
In other pilot casting news:
- Tate Donovan, lately of "Damages," is heading to ABC for the "No Ordinary Family" drama pilot playing a "mysterious pilot." The project centers on an American family, headed by patriarch Jim (Michael Chiklis), that develops new powers.
- Caitlin Fitzgerald is in, and Kaitlin Doubleday is out of "Most Likely to Succeed," the FOX comedy pilot about a group of friends who rocked high school but are finding adulthood a little more difficult. The new Caitlin will play Becca, who must restart her life after she's divorced from her cheating ex-husband.
- Jennifer Ferrin joins NBC's superhero drama pilot "The Cape" about a cop (David Lyons) who takes on the persona of a masked superhero to clear his name when he's framed for murder. She'll play his wife, who must persevere when he "disappears." Previously, Summer Glau was cast as a blogger who exposes corruption and bad guys who happen to be masked.
- CBS' drama pilot "The Line" has picked up Sean Patrick Thomas and Lorraine Toussaint. The show revolves around a Chicago ATF agent Jack Donovan (Dylan Walsh) who hunts down criminals. Thomas will play his partner, while Toussaint will be his boss.
- Tom Selleck is expanding his family in the Burgess/Green project about a family of police officers headed by an ex-police chief (Len Cariou) and his son Michael the current police chief (Selleck). Flex Alexander will play the partner of Brian, one of Michael's sons. Dylan Moore will play the fiancee of Michael's other kid Jamie.
- Finally, Billy Lush will play an Irish tough guy who harbors a secret in FOX's "Ride-Along," which centers on a tough Chicago cop (Jason Clarke).
Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Facebook and Zap2itHanh on Twitter for the latest movies, TV and celeb news
Pilot season: Michael Chiklis joins ABC's 'Family'
Summer Glau joins NBC's 'The Cape'
Tom Selleck cops to CBS pilot
All of Zap2it's pilot season coverage
Photo credit: WireImage, Getty