Coachella Weekend 2: Blur replaces Stone Roses as Friday headliner

ian-brown-stone-roses-coachella-2013-gi.jpg
As Weekend 2 of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival approaches, festival organizers have quietly kicked Friday night's headliner, the Stone Roses, out of their headlining spot in favor of opening act, Blur

Rolling Stone reports the band's highly publicized reunion drew dismal crowds to the main stage on Weekend 1, and Southern California radio station KPCC says "the crowd was so sparse you could practically walk up right up to the stage."

KPCC said Thursday (April 17) tickets to Weekend 2 of the fest were widely available at price points considerably below face value. This is the second year Coachella has spanned two weekends, a move that seems to have driven down demand for tickets to the annually sold out event anyway. So far there has been no comment on the lineup change from either band, or Coachella concert promoter Goldenvoice. 

Meanwhile, Weekend 1 festival goers were treated to a surprise performance by R. Kelly, and a Daft Punk teaser. Behind the scenes, Bono was chilling side-stage, and  Kristen Stewart was busy avoiding Liberty Ross, while Julianne Hough was getting her party on with a new man. (Seacrest out!)  
Photo/Video credit: Getty Images