Corey Haim dies of apparent accidental overdose, confirm police
Los Angeles Police Department confirms that Haim died at 2:15 a.m. Wednesday (March 10) of an apparent accidental overdose.
TMZ reports that law enforcement sources tell them Haim collapsed in the bedroom of his mother's apartment where four prescriptions bottles were found nearby.
The actor was discovered unresponsive approximately sometime before 2 a.m. inside a unit at the Oakwood Apartment Complex, located on Barham Boulevard in Burbank, police confirm.
Haim was then officially prounounced dead at nearby hospital Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center.
The star has reportedly been ill for the last couple days with flu-like symptoms. But the exact cause of Haim's death will be determined, pending official autopsy and toxicology reports.