Corey Haim's mom says her son died of pulmonary congestion
The coroner will not determine a cause of death until after toxicology reports are completed, the site says. It's also reporting that police found prescription bottles of painkiller hydrocodone (Vicodin), the sedative Valium, muscle relaxer Soma and an antipsychotic drug in Haim's apartment.
Original post is below.
Corey Haim died of pulmonary congestion, the actor's mother says.
Judy Haim tells "Access Hollywood" that a preliminary autopsy report on her son states that he had an enlarged heart and died of pulmonary congestion (also known as pulmonary edema), a condition in which excess fluid builds up around the lungs.