'Criminal Minds' spinoff finds female lead
Garrett will play a new FBI recruit who joins the team of profilers led by Forest Whitaker's character, according to The Hollywood Reporter. She'll also have a flirtatious relationship with Matt Ryan's character. The proposed spinoff will be introduced in a "Criminal Minds" episode toward the end of the season.
Garrett co-stars in "Tron Legacy" later this year. Her other credits include "Turistas," "4: Rise of the Silver Surfer" and an episode of "House" earlier this season.
More pilot casting news:
- "Numb3rs" star Krumholtz is going back to his comedy roots in a FOX pilot executive produced by Ron Howard and set in an IRS office, the HR says. Krumholtz will play an auditor whose boss won't leave him alone. The pilot is in second position to "Numb3rs," which is on the bubble for renewal at CBS.
- Also at FOX, Hahn ("Crossing Jordan," "Step Brothers") will star in "Most Likely to Succeed," playing one of a group of former child prodigies whose adult lives aren't as charmed.
- Hauser ("K-Ville") and former "Prison Break" regular Amaury Nolasco have joined NBC's "Chase," the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced drama about a team that tracks fugitives, the HR says. Hauser will play the head of the unit and Nolasco the team's intelligence specialist.
- Rodriguez ("Six Feet Under," "Ugly Betty") will star in CBS' drama "Chaos," which follows a group of CIA agents who work around government bureaucracy to get results.
- Oscar nominee David Strathairn ("Good Night, and Good Luck") will star in ABC's drama "Matadors," about two families of lawyers in Chicago. He'll play the patriarch of the family and a senior member of the state's attorney's office.
- Other notable names signing on for pilots are Ashley Williams ("How I Met Your Mother"), who's joined NBC's Adam Carolla comedy; Jimmy Wolk, who will star in FOX's oil-business soap "Midland"; "Avatar's" Laz Alonso in FOX's drama "Breakout Kings"; Erinn Hayes ("Worst Week") in NBC's "This Little Piggy"; and Damon Wayans Jr. in the ABC comedy "Happy Endings."
Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Facebook for the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.
More pilot season news from Zap2it
Photo credit: Getty Images