'Dancing with the Stars' week 5 results: D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke are eliminated
It wasn't a huge surprise, of course. D.L. had earned the lowest overall scores throughout the season and managed only 18 points for his week 5 dance. This did mean a tie with fellow comedian Andy Dick (who wasn't even in the bottom two, surprisingly), but D.L. and Cheryl were indeed on the bottom again.
At least D.L. managed to get one last joke at Len Goodman's expense. Referring to a strange little dancing video shown earlier in the "DWTS" broadcast, D.L. Hughley told Len to work on his hip action.
1. Zendaya and Val Chmerkovskiy -- 29 points
2. Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough -- 27 points
3. Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff -- 26 points
4. Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas -- 25 points
5. Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd -- 24 points
6. (tie) Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson -- 21 points
6. (tie) Victor Ortiz and Lindsay Arnold -- 21 points
8. (tie) D. L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke -- 18 points
8. (tie) Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess -- 18 points
The rest of the results
Kellie and Derek got to find out that they were safe first, only a few minutes into the program. Unfortunately for Ingo and Kym, they were put in jeopardy only seconds later.
The next group included Zendaya and Val -- who were obviously safe -- as well as Victor and Lindsay, who were unfortunately in jeopardy.
Jacoby and Karina were declared safe at the beginning of the next group, followed immediately afterwards by Aly and Mark.
When the final group came up for their results, Sean and Peta were declared safe. Andy and Sharna got good news right afterwards. Team Pickler-Dick FTW!!!
This left D.L. and Cheryl as the last couple in jeopardy.
In the end, Ingo and Kym got a save, leaving the actual bottom two for the final results. D.L. and Cheryl were the losers in that contest.
Were D.L. and Cheryl the right ones to go? Sound off in the comments!