'Defiance': Old St. Louis buried and more in 'Down in the Ground Where the Dead Men Go'Add to Favorites | Defiance
Here are a few things to look forward to:
- The Castithan abandoner during the Volge raid, Elah Bandik, is punished for his cowardice by his people, in a ritual that is part of their religious beliefs. It doesn't sit well with Nolan, Irisa or Mayor Rosewater.
- Head of this movement is Datak (natch), who was a nobody back on Casti but, now that he's a BMOC in Defiance, is more than willing to adhere to the old (read: aristocratic, caste-based) ways.
- Meanwhile, ex-Mayor Riordon and the mysterious Mr. Birch are still skulking around, trying to "purge" the city. They employ some battlefield medicine and an old structure that didn't spring up in St. Louis until after the Pale Wars began.
- Speaking of St. Louis, a portion of city is preserved underground, where it was swallowed and encapsulated when the terraformer technology was released. It's as creepy as it sounds.
- Alak's mother, Stahma, makes an effort to bond with Christie, since there is the upcoming wedding to think about. But we all know what she's really up to. Stahma is fast becoming our favorite character.
- What was Luke really up to, working with Ben? This episode will provide a few answers -- and a few new questions.
"Defiance" airs Monday nights at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Syfy.