'Dexter' Season 8: Mommy issues and 6 more things to look forward toAdd to Favorites | Dexter
First off, we're incredibly excited about what the first two episodes set up for the rest of the season. We can't say much because we don't want to spoil it for you, but let's just say there's a twist we did not see coming and it sets up a great ending for this Showtime drama.
Here are a few other things to look forward to. There are minor spoilers, so don't keep reading if you want to be spoiler-free:
- There's a bit of a time jump from where Season 7 left off, providing several new events that have transpired in the unseen months, including Dexter appearing to be living a pretty full life.
- Miami Metro is boasting a new team member in the form of Det. Angie Miller (Dana L. Wilson). She's fairly quiet so far, but you know what they say ... it's always the quiet ones.
- A new "Dexter" couple definitely has us scratching our heads, but, hey, whatever works.
- Sean Patrick Flanery, previously announced as a guest star, is the owner of a private investigation firm -- and maybe this is our jaded "Dexter" viewing coming through, but we are already suspicious of him.
- Speaking of guest stars, Charlotte Rampling as Dr. Evelyn Vogel (pictured above), a neuro-psychiatrist who focuses on young psychopaths, might be our favorite season-long guest star in the history of the show. She's the woman who Harry turned to to help form Dexter and his code. Can anyone say, "Mommy issues"?
- We've seen in the preview trailers how Debra is on a downward spiral following her killing LaGuerta, but interestingly, she's not the only one who is lost in the wake of Maria's death.
- The killer everyone is hunting this season is The Brain Surgeon, so called because he removes the part of his victims' brains that process empathy. Chew on that for a bit.
"Dexter" returns Sunday, June 30 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Showtime.