'Doctor Who': 'Angels Take Manhattan' preview - 7 things to expect
We will say Steven Moffat's New York-filmed farewell to the Ponds ( Karen Gillan as Amy Pond and Arthur Darvill as her husband Rory Williams) isn't the kind of grand world-hangs-in-the-balance spectacle we're used to seeing from Russell T. Davies' companion exits. But damned if it isn't an emotional sendoff nonetheless.
We'll have a full take on the episode after it airs in the U.S. Saturday on BBC America. Until then, here are seven small teases for "The Angels Take Manhattan," in honor of the current Doctor's seventh series:
1. Pay attention to chapter titles.
2. Someone says, "That's a stupid waste of regeneration energy!"
3. The Angels aren't the only statues to worry about this time: some threats are smaller, and one is a whole lot bigger.
4. It's probably not a good idea to let Rory go off by himself.
5. Get ready to add Sting's "Englishman in New York" to your playlist.
6. Amy even looks fetching in her reading glasses.
7. And someone we haven't mentioned yet says, "I hate endings!"
Watch BBC America's episode preview below: