The fun times keep rolling for
fans, eager to celebrate the show's 50th anniversary. Geeks Who Drink is holding a nationwide pub trivia contest, taking place in 20 cities around the U.S.
"Don't Blink: A Doctor Who Quiz" will test Whovians' knowledge of their favorite show, with a heavy focus on the last three Doctors (
David Tennant and
Matt Smith). That doesn't mean there won't be goodies for fans of the old show, though. "We expect a majority of the attendees might only be familiar with the last three Doctors," editor
Christopher Short says. "But we want to make sure fans of the old series have some Easter Egg moments."
The trivia contest will be held Saturday, November 16. Teams are limited to six players at most, with a $5 entry fee each. The winning team will get a cash prize. So strap on your fez and get ready to let your "Who" flag fly. Of course, as this is happening at bars, you have to by of legal drinking age to participate.
The locations for the pub event are below:
- Albuquerque, O'Neill's Heights, 9 p.m.
- Austin, Opal Divines (Penn Field), 9 p.m.
- Boston, Common Ground, 6 p.m.
- Brooklyn, SuperCollider, 7 p.m.
- Chicago, Municipal Bar, 5:30 p.m.
- Colorado Springs, Phantom Canyon, 1 p.m.
- Dallas/Fort Worth, Zio Carlo's, 7 p.m.
- Denver, Rackhouse Pub, 2 p.m.
- Fort Collins, CO, Black Bottle Brewery, 9 p.m.
- Glendale, CA, Complex LA, 5:30 p.m.
- Kansas City, Snow and Co., 6 p.m.
- Madison, WI, Buck and Badger, TBA
- Twin Cities, Cardinal Restaurant, 7 p.m.
- Portland, OR, The Tardis Room, 2 p.m.
- Rochester, NY, Lovin' Cup, 5 p.m.
- Salt Lake City, Devil's Daughters, 7 p.m.
- Sacramento, Capitol Garage, 8 p.m.
- San Antonio, Firehouse Pub, 2 p.m.
- Seattle, Montlake Ale House, 7:30 p.m.
- Tucson, Hotel Congress, 7 p.m.