'Downton Abbey' Season 3 spoilers: Mary and Matthew do not have solely smooth sailingAdd to Favorites | Downton Abbey
- "When I'm with her, I'm reminded of the virtues of the English" -- Lady Violet
- We met O'Brien's nephew, the new footman. He's tall and rather Lurch-like.
- Bates feels that all efforts to get him out of prison are fruitless, but Anna says, "But one day something will occur to us and we'll follow it up and the case against you will crumble."
- Downton is into some money trouble. Lord Grantham: "Are you really telling me all the money is gone?" And he must reveal to Cora that her fortune is gone as well.
- Branson and Sybil come to visit and Branson at the dinner table is amazing. Also, Carson refuses to dress "a chauffeur."
- IT is not all sunshine and roses for Mary and Matthew. Mary says to him, "But if we can disagree with something as fundamental as this, shouldn't we just back away now?" Oh noes! What could it be? She also asks him, "God, Matthew, how can you be so disappointing."
- Speaking of Matthew, Mr. Swire's lawyer wants to see him. Dun dun dun.
We'll post the trailer as soon as we have it. It was a great teaser for the upcoming season, which premieres in the U.S. in Jan. 6, 2013.