'Downton Abbey' Season 4 adds Tom Cullen, Harriet Walter and more new faces
In the wake of Siobhan Finneran not returning for Season 4 and the first photo of Lady Mary and baby George, some casting has been announced by PBS.
The new cast and characters include:
- Tom Cullen ("World Without End") as Lord Gillingham, an old family friend of the Crawleys who visits the family as a guest for a house party (pictured above, left).
- Nigel Harman ("EastEnders") as Green, a valet.
- Dame Harriet Walter ("Law & Order: UK") as Lady Shackleton, an old friend of the Dowager (above, right).
- Joanna David ("Pride and Prejudice") in a guest role as the Duchess of Yeovil.
- Julian Ovenden ("Cashmere Mafia") as aristocrat Charles Blake.
- Dame Kiri Te Kanawa ("La Boheme") as a guest who sings in the house.
Shirley MacLaine will also be returning for the Season 4 finale.
Executive producer Gareth Neame says, "'Downton Abbey' has seen many great characters visit the house over the years and we couldn't be more thrilled to welcome the new faces that will be joining the regular cast of Downton Abbey in Season 4. We hope audiences will be as excited about them as we are."
Rebecca Eaton, another executive producer, adds, "The addition of these characters can only mean more delicious drama -- which is what Downton Abbey is all about."