'Downton Abbey' Season 5 trailer: Lady Mary wooed by Charles Blake with a compelling argumentAdd to Favorites | Downton Abbey
- Anna wonders about going to place where no one knows her and Mr. Bates. Later, Mr. Bates promises her that nothing bad will happen to her and they'll grow old together, surrounded by their children.
-A bon mot from the Dowager Countess: "I warn you being tested does not bring out the best in me."
- Lady Edith is obviously heartsick over her daughter being with the tenant farmers, the Drews. Mr. Drew tells her to find a way to live with the truth without telling the truth.
- Lady Rose has a suitor (surprise, surprise).
-One of the wonderful exchanges between Lady Violet and cousin Isobel, in regards to Lord Merton: Isobel: "He wants something from me I cannot give," to which Violet says, "He wants what every man wants. ... Don't be ridiclous, I was referring to companionship. I hope you were."
- We will meet a man from Lady Violet's past. Woo woo.
- Charles Blake makes a great play for Lady Mary, referring to Tony Gillingham when he says, "Nothing would make me happier than seeing you happy, but please be absolutely sure before you decide. You're cleverer than he is. That might have worked in the last century, when ladies had to hide their brains behind good manners and good breeding, but not now."
- Tom continues to struggle with living in the aristocracy versus his more modest roots. But Sarah Bunting is still around and in fact gets invited to dinner at the estate.
"Downton Abbey" Season 5 premieres Sunday, Jan. 4, 2015 on PBS.