Emmys 2011 facts and figures, including another record for 'Saturday Night Live'Add to Favorites | Saturday Night Live
- "Saturday Night Live" added to its all-time record total of nominations with 16 more this year, including outstanding variety/music/comedy series and best comedy supporting actress for Kristen Wiig. It now has 142 nominations over its long history and has won 28 awards.
- Camera operator Hector Ramirez added to his record for the most nominations for an individual as part of the "Dancing With the Stars" team's nod for technical direction, camerawork and video control for a series. He now has 64 nominations.
- HBO leads all the networks with 104 nominations, thanks in large part to its dominance of the movie and miniseries categories. CBS leads the broadcast networks with 50 nominations, followed by NBC (46), PBS (43), FOX (42) and ABC (40). AMC is the No. 2 cable network with 29.
- 35 performers earned their first Emmy nominations this year. Among them: Ed O'Neill ("Modern Family"), Gwyneth Paltrow ("Glee"), Cat Deeley ("So You Think You Can Dance"), Peter Dinklage ("Game of Thrones"), Idris Elba (both "Luther" and "The Big C"), Louis C.K. ("Louie" and the stand-up special "Louis C.K.: Hilarious"), Johnny Galecki ("The Big Bang Theory"), Julia Stiles ("Dexter") and Greg Kinnear ("The Kennedys").
- "The Simpsons" earned its 19th nomination -- and 16th consecutive -- for outstanding animated program. The episode up for the award this year is "Angry Dad: The Movie."
- Among the shows with just a single nomination this year are "Hawaii Five-0" (stunt coordination), "Nikita" (sound editing), "Desperate Housewives" (voice-over performance for Brenda Strong), "Law & Order: SVU" (lead actress/drama for Mariska Hargitay), "Retired at 35" (cinematography for multi-camera series), "Rubicon" (main title design), "Undercover Boss" (reality program), "Men of a Certain Age" (supporting actor/drama for Andre Braugher), "Victorious" (children's program), "The Closer" (guest actress/drama for Mary McDonnell) and "The Cape" (prosthetic makeup).
- Notable shutouts this year: "Community," "Sons of Anarchy," "Cougar Town," "Chuck" and "Fringe." The latter's web series "Fringe: Division" did get a nomination for outstanding creative achievement in interactive media.
The Emmys will air Sept. 18 on FOX.