'Fargo's' Allison Tolman puts fat-shamer in his place on Twitter
Such is the case with Twitter user TrayNTP, who doesn't like the character Tolman plays on "Fargo," so he expresses his displeasure and calls her fat, writing, "I detest Molly. Just let it go, plumper."
Now, first of all, we really question how much attention this Tray fella pays to "Fargo" because why on earth would we want her to let it go? Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman are terrific actors, but nobody is rooting for psycho Lorne and psycho Lester to win, right? But we digress.
Tolman tweeted Tray's remark and responds thusly:
- "One day I was scripted to describe a female character as "heavyset". I told them no and they changed the line. Simple! #weareotheradjectives."
- "The explicit use of a weight related adjective to describe a female (fictitious or otherwise) is really troubling. It furthers the notion that a woman's most important contribution to the world is her appearance, and that women deemed insufficiently f***able by societal standards are somehow lacking. You seem like a smart guy, so I'm hoping you'll do better next time."
- "I'm not sad, y'all. My points are: A- Christ on a cracker, stop defining women by size. B- I'm AVERAGE- women on TV are TINY. #realtalk."
- "I'd just prefer my weight wasn't a topic of conversation at all. Like, y'know, male actors."
- "Apologies to my parents that some d***s called me fat and I sassed them and the Internet saw and now everyone knows how much I say 'f***'."