'Fargo' episode 7 morality index: Lester Nygaard bottoms outAdd to Favorites | Fargo
The "Fargo" morality index, week seven:
1. Molly Solverson (last week No. 1): First of all, thank goodness she's not dead, right? We didn't really think the show would kill her off, but it also would not have surprised us if a show like this zigged when we thought it was gonna zag and all of a sudden Gus was our protagonist and Molly was dead.
Anyway, good little soldier Molly is busy solving crimes from her hospital bed because she is the greatest person -- certainly on this show, but perhaps on TV altogether right now.
2.Gus Grimly (last week No. 2): Oh, Gus. You're trying so hard. Maybe you can marry Molly and she can be the cop, and then with two incomes you can finally realize your dream of becoming a postman.
3. Bill Oswalt (last week NA): This week, it's not Bill's fault that he's off Lester's scent again. Bill obviously goes way back with Lester and wants to believe the best of his childhood friend. Plus, Lester is quite the little actor (and sociopath), so it's easy for Bill to fall under his spell. We have faith that Bill will eventually come around again.
4. Agents Pepper and Budge (last week NA): Hello, Jordan Peele and Keegan-Michael Key. We've been eager awaiting your arrival in Fargo. It's not great that you let Lorne Malvo kill like 50 people while you sat in the street and ate your lunch, but we look forward to what you guys have in store.
5. Lorne Malvo (last week No. 6): It takes a lot for this guy not to be at the bottom of the index, but this week he really only shot bad guys, so ... yay?
6. Lester Nygaard (last week No. 7): Well, Lester has done it. He's got (nearly) everyone thinking he's an innocent victim and his hotshot younger brother killed Pearl and Sheriff Thurman. And we're also not crazy about what made Lester, ahem, climax while he was doing the widow Hess. Lester does get a smidgen of credit for the fact that the gun he planted in Gordo's backpack was unloaded, but seriously, dude -- you've dropped below Malvo. That's how far you've fallen.
Falling off the index this week: Stavros Milos, who is apparently busy grieving and therefore absent; Mr. Wrench, who is laid up from being shot by Molly; Mr. Numbers and Don Chumph, who are dead.
What did you think of "Who Shaves the Barber?"