Frank Darabont's 'Lost Angels' sets 2013 premiere on TNT; Diablo Cody reality show in development at TBS
TNT already made most of its notable programming decisions -- renewing "Dallas" and "Boston's Finest," cancelling "Southland" and "Monday Mornings" and ordering "The Last Ship" and "Legends" -- ahead of the upfronts.
But both TNT and TBS unveiled a laundry list of shows in development that may or may not ever see the light of day as pilots, let alone series.
Among those titles at TNT:
- "Portal House" executive produced by Steven Spielberg, about a group of young scientists who "stumble upon a portal into the time-space continuum"
- An update of classic P.I. series "Peter Gunn," also exec produced by Spielberg
- "The Last Cop," based on a German series about a cop who spent 20 years in a coma, executive produced by Sylvester Stallone
- "A Bend in the Road" following the sheriff of a small resort town and based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks
- "Guilt By Association" based on the novel by O.J. Simpson prosecutor Marcia Clark about a trio of female legal professionals in L.A.
- A "reality" version of "Monopoly" in which eight two-person teams compete for huge cash prizes
And at TBS:
- Bumbling cops comedy "Tribeca" executive produced by Steve and Nancy Carell
- "Dad, Stop Embarrassing Me" executive produced by Jamie Foxx and inspired by his relationship with his 18-year-old daughter
- Ensemble Boston barbershop comedy "Clipsters" from the creators of "Will & Grace"
- Cody's unscripted docu-series titled "Me Time with Diablo Cody"