'Fringe' spoilers: 'In Absentia' shows us Etta's true colors and 4 more things to expectAdd to Favorites | Fringe
1. The episode opens in 2015 again. The premiere began with Peter's nightmare about the day that Etta was taken from him in the park. This week, we'll see the day from Olivia's point of view -- her memories of their last happy moments, and her reaction to Peter's panic in the medical tent. We'll also learn that it was around two months between the day Etta disappeared and when the team ambered themselves. Of course, we already know that in that time, Peter and Olivia's relationship crumbled under the strain.
2. The Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11 is still in play. Walter insists on wearing it to try to recover the scrambled plan to defeat the observers from his brain, but it's having adverse effects on his mind.
3. We'll finally see the lab again. We were a little bit worried that with the new setting of the series, we'd never get to say goodbye to Walter's mad-scientist lab, where so many iconic moments have occurred. This week, the team sneaks into Harvard via a series of tunnels, even though it's been taken over by Observers. Walter is so addled, though, he doesn't remember that he ambered the place until he arrives.
4. Etta shows her true colors. When the gang captures a loyalist soldier who was apparently patrolling the building, Olivia realizes just how ruthless and violent her daughter has become in this bleak future. Her brutal methods of torture shock Olivia, who begins to feel sympathy for the soldier when he tells her about his family. Mother and daughter clash over how to handle him, and we'll ultimately see where each woman's weakness lies.
5. Henry Ian Cusick! Last week, we found out that the loyalists had discovered him in amber, and this week, Agent Simon Foster's fate is finally revealed.
Tune in Friday on FOX at 9 p.m. EST... if for no other reason than you get to see Peter in uniform.