'Game of Thrones': George R.R. Martin hosting free marathon screeningAdd to Favorites | Game of Thrones
If anyone can pull off a free screening of the first three seasons of "Game of Thrones," it's George R.R. Martin. The series' author owns the Jean Cocteau Cinema in Santa Fe, N.M., and got the blessing of HBO to host a 12-week free screening series leading up to the premiere of Season 4.
Starting on Jan. 6, the Jean Cocteau Cinema will air three episodes per night of the HBO fantasy series. Seating will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, and all screenings will begin at 7 p.m.
But guests will get much more than just the experience of watching the TV show in GRRM's own theater. The cinema's website says there will also be special Skype guest appearances by select cast and crew members, door prizes, and appearances by Martin himself.
Here are the list of screenings and the episodes that will be shown on each night:
- Monday, January 6: Season One, Episodes 1-3
- Monday, January 13: Season One, Episodes 4-5
- Monday, January 20: Season One, Episodes 6-8
- Monday, January 27: Season One, Episodes 9-10
- Monday, February 3: Season Two, Episodes 1-3
- Wednesday, February 12: Season Two, Episodes 4-5
- Wednesday, February 19: Season Two, Episodes 6-8
- Friday, February 28: Season Two, Episodes 9-10
- Monday, March 3: Season Three, Episodes 1-3
- Monday, March 10: Season Three, Episodes 4-5
- Monday, March 17: Season Three, Episodes 6-8
- Monday, March 24: Season Three, Episodes 9-10
Using our powers of deductive reasoning, what this schedule seems to be saying is that the premiere of "Game of Thrones" Season 4 -- which hasn't been announced or confirmed by HBO -- will be on March 30. Even if you can't attend one of Martin's screenings, it's worth catching up on the show at home because, as any good "GoT" fan knows, winter is coming.