'Girls' officially picked up for Season 3

lena-dunham-girls-s3-renewal.jpg Lena Dunham is no liar: "Girls" will be back for Season 3.

HBO made the official announcement Friday (Jan. 25). Earlier this week, "Girls" creator/star Dunham told Alec Baldwin on his "Here's the Thing" podcast that production on Season 3 was scheduled to start in March.

HBO says the third season will have 12 episodes, up from 10 in each of the first two seasons. Dunham also told Baldwin that she was hoping to get a couple more episodes for Season 3.

The Season 2 premiere of "Girls" has delivered 3.8 million viewers so far across various platforms, HBO says, with more ratings data still to come.
Photo/Video credit: HBO