'Glee' Christmas videos: Gifts we can expect from 'Glee, Actually'
The holidays are upon us! And this means it's time for the "Glee" winter holiday (mostly Christmas, but let's be inclusive for the moment) episode. This year, the show brings us "Glee, Actually." Unfortunately, we're probably not going to see a straight parody of "Love, Actually," but there definitely will be homages to several classic holiday films.
That will have to do.
To get you into the proper holiday spirit before the episode even begins, there are several behind-the-scenes and musical performance videos that have been released.
If you watch them all, you will learn some very important lessons. Lessons like:
- Only two members of the "Glee" cast seem to know the words to "The First Noel." These two consist of the girl who sings it in the episode, Melissa Benoist (Marley), and -- impressively -- Jane Lynch. Granted, Lynch prefers an oddly staccato version of the tune, but it's still impressive.
- NOTE: In case you think the author of this piece is being cocky about "The First Noel," you should know that I do in fact know the words. To both verses. Ha.
- New York at Christmas is cool. Darren Criss assures us of this.
- "Ice skating is fun."
- Santa Claus has an oddly hot lap. This is sadly true in so many cases.
- "That magical season when five seemingly separate storylines are cleverly sandwiched between commercial breaks and then tied together at the end like a beautiful bow."
- It is possible to sing while ice skating.
- Klaine shippers may just get a gift this year.
"Glee, Actually" airs on Thursday (Dec. 13) at 9pm on FOX.