'Glee': 'Jesse St. James totally St. Sucks' -- five things from 'Funeral' that also sucked
Sure, Rachel is utterly self-involved and willing to believe anyone who heaps praise on her (admittedly awesome) voice, but the rest of us aren't quite so naive. And that's just one reason why Tuesday's (May 17) "Glee" has us less than glee-ful as we head into the May 24 season finale. Here are five others:
1. Sue Sylvester's (Jane Lynch) sister is dead. Could this episode be a bigger buzz kill? We don't like liking Sue, but who can help it when she turns all marshmallowy and starts handing out thank yous and hugs? And, sorry, but killing off her sister -- why not just drown puppies on the air? Same effect.
2. Mr. Schue (Matthew Morrison) was unbelievably gullible. Sure, he's got his own Broadway dream fish to fry, but would Mr. Schuester, who knows his way around nationals, really entrust his kids to a former rival who admits he's plotted against them in the past? We think not.
3. Too many auditions: We felt like we were back at the beginning of the "Idol" season. While we Santana's ( Naya Rivera), Mercedes' ( Amber Riley) and Kurt's songs totally rocked, the fact that their numbers -- along with Rachel's -- were all packed into a tight little segment mid-show was kind of a waste of the rest of the hour. Because...
4. Marking time. "Funeral," despite its few developments -- Honey Badger's ( Jessalyn Gilsig) move to Miami, Sue's plans to run for office and the Finn/Quinn breakup -- was all about leading us on until we get to New York and nationals in the season's next and final episode.
5. Annoying clothes. Okay, we're really just being petty now, but that backless vest thing Kurt wore while singing "Some People" -- not a good look. (And we usually like Kurt's clothes.)
Are we being too critical? Let us know what you liked or disliked about "Funeral" in the comments section.