'Glee' premiere: 10 Things to expect when Season 2 returns
Let's just say that for "Glee" fans, the episode titled "Auditions" is a treat and addresses many of the concerns that were brought up for the second half of the freshman season. That's not to say that everything's perfect at McKinley High, because what would be the fun of that?
Zap2it had the opportunity to screen the first episode back at the "Glee" premiere party Tuesday night (Sept. 7), and we're here to share some of the goodies with you.
Spoiler alert: We won't try to ruin the biggest surprises, but a couple plot points will be addressed, so if you want the full, unsullied experience, don't read any further.
What you'll see:
- Jacob Ben Israel (Josh Sussman) gets a good chunk of screen time, and he's hilarious.
- More contemporary hits: We already know that we'll see Jay-Z's "Empire State of Mind," but we also get Lady Gaga's "Telephone" and Travie McCoy's "Billionaire" courtesy of newbie Chord Overstreet. You can get more sneak peeks with this promo.
- Will (Matthew Morrison) and Sue (Jane Lynch) teaming up and giggling together.
- For her audition, Sunshine (Charice) sings a killer version of "Listen" from the "Dreamgirls" film adaptation.
- A catfight in the hallway
- The promised Asian hookup between Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) and Mike (Harry Shum, Jr.), with an explanation about how poor Artie (Kevin McHale) lost Tina.
- A Gleek tries out for the Cheerios, but we're not saying who.
- Self-awareness - Lots of references to things we think about, but don't usually mention, such as Kurt's (Chris Colfer) fashion sense and Mike Chang's marginal dance-only status.
- One Gleek gets surgery over the summer holidays.
- Finn (Cory Monteith) has some interesting chemistry with new guy Sam (Chord Overstreet)
What you won't see:
- Emma (Jayma Mays) and Terri (Jessalyn Gilsig) - They're still part of the show, but not till Episode 2.
- Coach Ken Tanaka (Patrick Gallagher) - His character had a nervous breakdown and is replaced by Coach Beiste (Dot Jones). Never fear, he's landed on his feet elsewhere.
- Matt Rutherford (Dijon Talton) - Mr. Schue announces that Matt has transferred. No other explanation about his disappearance from show choir.
- Puck's (Mark Salling) mohawk. Yes, as we saw at the end of Season 1, it's well and truly gone.
Of course, there will be much more of what you already know and love, like Brittany (Heather Morris) one-liners, Rachel and Finn love, etc. But also lots and lots of Sue Sylvester -- from her crisp tracksuits to her constant flow of zingers. For example, here's a lovely scene from the premiere:
Follow Zap2it and Zap2itHanh on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest movies, TV and celeb news.
Photo credits: FOX