'Good Wife's' 100th episode 'The Decision Tree' is the best yetAdd to Favorites | The Good Wife
- If you thought "Hitting the Fan" was good, the show outdoes itself with "Decision Tree." It's not as high octane, necessarily, but it's got more of those quiet moments where we think this show really shines.
- The show also spared no expense in bringing back a cavalcade of guest stars for the big 1-0-0. Familiar faces Mary Beth Peil. Stockard Channing, Nathan Lane, Kurt Fuller, Donna Brazile and Mike Colter are back, plus new face Jordana Spiro in what we hope becomes a recurring guest role because she's quite an interesting character.
- Special mention must be made of John Noble. He was perfection as Matthew Ashbaugh in last March's "Death of a Client" and he continues to be perfection in this latest episode, which revolves around his contested will, so there are plenty of flashbacks.
- There are also some shenanigans going on with ethics counselor Marilyn Garbanza that we can't wait to see how the show resolves -- and an Eli spit-take is always gold.
- "The Good Wife" has a strong cast, anchored of course by Julianna Margulies. But Josh Charles' work as Will Gardner this year has been Emmy-caliber stuff and this episode is his piÃ¨ce de rÃ©sistance. He's outstandingly, heartbreakingly good.
- Zach gets the best line of the episode, which is a fun surprise. It made us laugh out loud.
- Watch a preview clip here.
It's an extraordinary hour of television, fitting as the milestone episode of the best drama on TV right now. We cannot wait to see what 2014 brings.
"The Decision Tree" airs Sunday, Dec. 1 at 9:30 p.m. ET/8:30 p.m. ET and 9 p.m. MT/PT on CBS (delayed a half hour the first broadcast due to football).