Happy Birthday, Chris Colfer! 5 ways the 'Glee' star will make you feel inadequate
The "Glee" star, who celebrates his 24th birthday on Tuesday (May 27), did more before he was of legal drinking age than most of us will do in our entire lives. But Colfer probably wouldn't want us to feel bad about our lack of accomplishments -- instead, we will celebrate his accomplishments in honor of his day of birth.
Here are five of those incredible accomplishments;
1. Ryan Murphy wrote the role of Kurt in "Glee" specifically for Colfer. The actor had auditioned for a different role, but Murphy scrapped another character and wrote Kurt Hummel for Colfer instead.
2. He won a Golden Globe at age 20. No big deal. He dedicated his award to bullied kids in the LGBT community, a cause to which he's dedicated countless hours.
3. He wrote and starred in his own feature film, "Struck By Lightning." AND he wrote a novelization of the movie.
4. He's written three children's books in his "The Land of Stories" series (the third of which comes out July 8, 2014). He's contracted to write at least two more.
5. He wrote an episode of "Glee." He also wrote a pilot for the Disney Channel and another feature, all in the copious free time he clearly has while starring in one of the most popular shows on television.