Happy birthday, Shailene Woodley: 5 reasons why the 'Divergent' star is the weirdest ... and we love her for it
She's about to save Chicago from itself in the upcoming dystopian action thriller "Divergent," but first up: it's her birthday.
That's right, on Friday (Nov. 15), Shailene Woodley turns 22, and to celebrate the movie star's birthday, we came up with five reasons why the "Divergent" star is the just the weirdest (or Divergent, if you will) ... and we love her for every single one of them.
5. She has DIY toiletries. "I make everything from my own toothpaste to my own body lotions and face oils," Woodley recently revealed to Flaunt Magazine.
4. She wore five-toed shoes on the red carpet at the Golden Globes. "I would do it again in a heartbeat," Woodley told Vulture. "I got them from REI, and if people spent as much time thinking about the genocides going on in Africa and around the world as they do the shoes that actors wear to after-parties, the world would be a much more peaceful environment."
3. She doesn't obsess over red carpet style at all, and showed up to the "Red Lights" premiere in NYC with wet hair.
2. When she says she eats naturally, she means it. "I gather my own spring water from mountains every month," Woodley says. "I go to a farm to get my food. I make my own cheese and forage wild foods and identify wild plants. It's an entire lifestyle. It's appealing to my soul."
1. She's a super big hippie, and couldn't be happier about it. "If I didn't have acting, I would be just as happy," Woodley told Marie Claire. "I would probably be an herbalist, or maybe I would open a fruit stand on a Hawaiian island."
Happy birthday, Woodley!
"Divergent" hits theaters March 21, 2014.