Hillary Clinton visits 'The Daily Show'; 'Tyrant' moves production out of IsraelAdd to Favorites | Game of Thrones
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will visit "The Daily Show" Tuesday night (July 15) to discuss her book "Hard Choices" with Jon Stewart. It will be Clinton's third appearance on the show and her first since March 2008.
- Logo is reviving "Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23" -- sort of. The cable network will marathon 8 hours of the comedy from 1 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Saturday, July 19. After that, Logo will begin airing new, never-before-seen episodes -- eight in total -- Saturdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
- Spike TV is bringing "Tut" to life as its first scripted event series in eight years and announced Monday (July 14) that Academy Award-winning actor Ben Kingsley has been cast as "Ay," the Grand Vizier to King Tutankhamun. The show is filming on location in Morocco and Canada and will debut in 2015.
- Universal Cable Productions announced several new series this week, including acquiring the rights to Danish drama "The Legacy," which follows the four children of an internally renowned artist who dies and leaves them to divide up her estate, which quickly turns their lives upside down as secrets and lies are revealed. UCP also picked up two new pilots: USA's "Mr. Robot," about a young computer programmer who suffers from a debilitating social disorder, and Syfy's "The Magicians," an adaptation of Lev Grossman's fantasy book series.
- Also at Syfy, Thomas Jane has signed on to star in the channel's upcoming space opera "The Expanse." The show has also signed Terry McDonough ("An Adventure in Space and Time," "Breaking Bad") to direct the first two episodes. Jane will play a detective who joins up with a spaceshi's captain on a galaxy-spanning search for a missing young woman.