'Jack and Jill' loses big at Razzies
Sandler himself won for both Worst Actor and Worst Actress, as he played both lead characters in "Jack and Jill." But it didn't stop there for Sandler as he also picked up Worst Actor for "Just Go With It." Oscar winner Al Pacino took home Worst Supporting Actor because he apparently can't even play himself. Continuing the cross-dressing theme of Sandler, his buddy David Spade won for Worst Supporting Actress.
While "Jack and Jill" won in each category, it wasn't for a shortage of competition. In the Worst Picture category, it beat out another Sandler-produced film "Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star" as well as "New Year's Eve," "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I."
Of course it looks like Sandler will probably get the last laugh on the matter. According to Box Office Mojo, "Jack & Jill" took in $149 million worldwide on a production budget of $79 million.
Here's a list of all the winners:
- Worst Picture: "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Actor: Adam Sandler, "Jack and Jill" and "Just Go With It"
- Worst Actress: Adam Sandler, "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Supporting Actor: Al Pacino, "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Supporting Actress: David Spade, "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Screen Ensemble Winner: The entire cast of "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Director: Dennis Dugan, "Jack and Jill" and "Just Go With It"
- Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel: "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Screen Couple: Adam Sandler and either Katie Holmes, Al Pacino or Adam Sandler, "Jack and Jill"
- Worst Screenplay: "Jack and Jill"